It's the first day today and we're all excited and ready. I take my doxycycline before breakfast and get horribly nauseous. Apparently reported at the wrong place and had to take autos to the main campus that was really far away.. We had a look at Bergen house that looks v pretty.. The whole campus is sprawling with greenery and gardens and rustic charming oldie houses! We make grat plans to jog when we move in.. There's a supermarket right beside with erything one would ever need. :) Admin took the next good half of the day.. We got our fist Indian conning by the auto driver who waited to take us back and then claimed we never paid him for the going trip. This was in the middle of hospital grounds and emabarrassing and irritating so we just gave him extra. Thankfully it's just 2 sing. We get subject to more roundabout beaurocracy when we tried to pay oyur school fees. Got shuttled all over we got so sick and tired, almost decided not to pay. :S Lunch was at Saravan Bhavan's which also has a branch in Singapore. It's the best meal so far..
Got back to finally start our posting. Joey and I are in Team 4 of general surgery- that does hepatobiliary and pancreas. The HOD is away at a major liver transplantation op and we get scooted off to follow a doc at clinics.. *swoon* he's really gorgeous..i have eyecandy for the next 4 weeks!! (If only they weren't all Chirstian!) We're posted together with Taran, a Punjabi Malaysian final year student. Haha..he's not too bad for Harti. ;) We join the final years for a bedside tutorial and get blown away..it was reaaallly good!! Way above our standards man! How shameful..I see a visible gastric peristalsis in a cachectic poor little old man.. Waaay coool. The next case is a gallbladder Ca..VERY palpable- Couvoursier's law!! How rare eh.
I'm so thankful to be here and totally regretting not spending all 4 months here!! Well, I guess I'd have gotten pretty homesick too.. Have never been away from home this long.. Pple are starting to get tired and getting into bad moods.. The days are pretty long, but I'm happy and very fulfilled. :) I guess it's a bit harder on some.. I hope everything gets better. :) Wish I had better enthu travelling company tho.. the boys don't seem too onz abt weekend trips..guess they're not into seeing temples too. Oh well, I have big plans :). In the library now using stolen internet. :p It's open till midnight...was meanign to study, but as you can see..haha.. Almost 10.30pm now...and v tired..have to wake up early for 7am ward rounds tmr..it's gonna be another looonnng day I forsee, but I'm sooo totally looking forward to it :).
Hope I don't get GE.. I'm drinking all milk, thayir, lassis and icecreams! muahaha... but one thing I will not compromise is mineral water. :) I know I can keep my record of never having gotten GE in India b4. :) *cross fingers*
Ooh. P.S. After dinner we witnessed a tamil movie scene at the roadside!! Some guy had snatch smth/ groped a woman and run away and she started screaming. He ran across the road and tripped in front of an auto and all these man started coming from arounfd and chasing and catching him. Then a whollle mob formed and surrounded him..couldn't see if they beat him us..and dragged him into an auto (to bring him to a police station i suppose)..We din hang around to watch. :p
