Aah..finally a slack day. Day surg wrapped up really quickly.. Joey and i managed to gown up for mini ops..mine was a fistula-in-ano that was over in 2 minutes..haha. HD (handsome doctor-as Joey calls him) was around and I grabbed a pot of iodine off his gloved hands. ;) But then I managed to embarrass myself in front of him by adjusting the lights when I was already all sterile and getting a very good scolding from the con. :( Sniffle. He stared like I was some moron. :( Well, he did ask joey where 'her friend' was b4 I joined them.. :p (P.S. lately he only talks to Joey,I'm jealous) Sigh..2 weeks left with HD..I think I shall start weaning off him..
Btw david saw him at clinics yest and agreed that he was gorgeous. :p Then I got all mopey about him at dinner, but when we came back to check mail in library, guess who was right there! :) That made my night. (Btw, Goodwin and Aziz brought us to a roadside tea and coffee bar last night.. It was quite cool..but I got insomnia with all the caffeine after that..and more time to think abt HD :) ) Oh dear, dear..I sound like an idiot..
HD or no HD, my inerest in Surgery has been rekindled.. I'm now extra confused, cos I'd decided that I was all settled for Medicine/ Peads but now surgery seems like a really fun option too.. Sighs. Sighs. Sighs. I was all excited at being allowed to scrub in for a Whipple's last Wed (tho there was no HD to stare at in the OT) only to discover liver mets in the patient when we opened him up..I got to feel a liver met and did a few stitches as we closed him up (and confused everyone as well as myself with my left-handedness, tho i technically usually use my right hand to stitch!!). I was so sad.. esp since this was a really poor thing guy who we'd watched the consultant take consent for the day before. The con had told him that there was a 30% risk of complication and a 5% risk of mortality form the op. And the man almost broke down saying that he had no other options and that he would pray to God and leave his fate in the surgeon's hand.. Quite emotional.. And then the next day they find out he's a stage 4 and that they can do nothing else, and he has only 3-6 months to live..
