Almost the end of a very loooong week. We're not working half as hard as the 4th year clerkship students here who reach the hospital at 7am and leave at 10pm everyday. And yet, we seen to be working much harder than we usually would in Singapore. :( I'm tired to by bones everyday, but it's been an experience.
We've all started doing the ubiquitous (David is kaypohing with my blogging.) and ambiguous oscillatory Indian nod of acknowlegement quite subconsciously. Haha. It's quite funny. Teresa was telling us about how she saw a hydrocelectomy(fluid in the testes) being performed in a procedure room with the patient only under local anaesthesia cos he was too poor to pay for an OT. The patient load here is amazing. They come here from all over India and in fact, I can't even speak to more than half of them cos they speak Hindi or Bengali, etc. The out-patient clinics are true chaos. The waiting rooms are packed everyday. Patients barge in in the middle of every consulatation asking if they can be seen cos they're been waiting for hours or a full day. Doctors here are respected a lot though. The patients are all very reverent towards them. Clinics here are fantastic.. saw a Dercum's disease and Courvousier's law in action yesterday. Exam short cases galore within the span of a few hours of clinic session. I admire the doctors here..they work non-stop..clinic sessions are from 8am to 3/4pm non-stop with no lunch breaks for the doctors. Evening rounds start at 9pm at night. Medicine is really their life over here.
I'm really wishing I were Malayalee and Christian right now. All the cute doctors are. :( I love OT sessions. I get to stare at my eye candy JMM a lot. :) We saw a roux-en-Y hepatico jejunostomy today.. no scrubbing in yet.. too many local students..hopefully next week.. Saturdays are a half day here..there goes all my fantastic weeknd plans. :( Hopefully the plan for this wkend to Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram for Tamil New Year works out..Sighs. Am fatigued.
P.S. I have been shopping. Salwars are soo cheap and lovely. I am ditching my pants and blouses. :) And jewellery. This is heaven. Almost broke for now.
