So yes, that's how we spent all our money..So we walked right past the customs tax wondering what in the world the counters were there for!! haha. Thank god for ATMs. Seriously. :) Bumped into 4 m4s on the flight back.
The Siem Reap airport is a sight to behold on its own. I's really small, cosy but gorgeously pretty. The prettiest airport I've been to. Tho Adila says the Jakarta one's really nice too. It has this whole nice resorty feel to it. And you get throught customs in 2 minutes. You can see the gates from the check-in counter. It's that small. And all the gates are right next to each other. No travellators, and no walking. It's that small. :) So you can imagine that we got quite a culture shock when we touched down. I never felt, until now, that Changi airport was sooo immensely huge! Bingz got a pseudo-panic attack in his very funny way, overwhelmed by it. :) Oh and we actually saw the pilot for the first time ever. He waved to us from the window high up in front as we were boarding from the outdoor staircase. Cool ah! (And then Adila took us to stuff ourselves with Popeye's Chicken...after hearing so much about it. Was not bad...but luuuurrrved the buttermilk buiscuits!)
So yes, thus ended a very nice holiday. We all agreed that the trip was just the nice length. There's still much more of Cambodia that I really wanna explore. Like the hilltribes and tiny places which are out of the way...but shall save that for some time when's it's not so hot. :) Adila and I have decided to bring our kids to Cambodia on holiday. To show them reality..to make them appreciate what they've got. To let them see the little children who have to work and sell postcards to earn money. The kids who don't go to school. Who look so mature at 20, you tink they're 30 plus. Driving tuk-tuks and boats. We have a long way to go. I feel really fortunate. I think that's one of the bits that made the trip really special. Besides the resplendently amazing temples. Cambodia's so rich in culture. And values. People are so simple, carefree...poor but happy and heartwarmingly friendly. :) I already miss it.
