Psycho Med is proving to be enjoyable. And interesting to say the least. It's like you're supposed to sit there for an hour and have a nice chat with the patient. And they just open up so spontaneously to you. They're so vulnerable. You wouldn't think they'd even want to share with you some of the things they say. This is why I'm starting to appreciate patients a lot more than I ever have in all my postings so far. For once, it's no longer an organ you're looking for to treat. And the diagnosis lies in actually getting to know the patient for who he is and what he feels. That's what real medicine's supposed to be like isn't it. I really hope this is something I'll learn from and use from now on. I really think I'll bring those chocolates for them next week. Heavenly anti-depressants for a change. :) And I am especially liking psychomed cos I bumped into my eye candy in the lift today (come on, get kicking, Grey's Anatomy!). In the same hospital! *beam*
Mo charmed @ Wednesday, May 09, 2007
comments