Diary of An Indian Princess

 

 

 

'The problem was I mixed up my goals with my dreams, and they became grandiose, unreal and unattainable.

There's a difference between the two. Goals are- or should be- specific, measurable and attainable. Dreams? They are subject to random fate and the lottery of life.

Take marriage.

If my life had gone according to one plan, I should have been married 10 years ago and be a mother by now.

But that goal was embellished by too many dreams.

It wasn't good enough for me to just be married, but it also had to be to someone who was handsome, successful, rich, ultra-loving and at least 1.8m tall.

I had to be not just a mother, but also a happy, slim, beautiful one with a cute, intelligent, lovable and loving child, living in a palatial home and driving a really fancy car.

I had to be in a very high-powered, well-paying job and jetsetting to fancy, faraway places.

Alas.'

- taken off Sumiko Tan's colum today in Life!
It sounds all too familiar, it's scary.. maybe its time I take a step back, and re-evaluate my life...for the new year. :)


And here's my little nephew..he's a boy mind u.. and a giant, though he's only two.. Louis Vincent Ocean Hayes.. half Irish, a quater Chinese and a quater Ceylonese!

I need a mixed child. :)

Mo charmed @ Sunday, January 01, 2006
comments