Diary of An Indian Princess

 

 

 

A poem I really like.
'I wish you the courage to be warm when the
world would prefer that you be cool.
I wish you success sufficient to your needs;
I wish you failure to temper that success.
I wish you joy in all your days; I wish you
sadness so that you may better measure joy.
I wish you gladness to overbalance grief.
I wish you humour and a twinkle in the eye.
I wish you glory and the strength to bear its
burdens.
I wish you sunshine on your path and storms to
season your journey...
I wish you peace- in the world in which you
live and in the smallest corner of the heart
where truth is kept.
I wish you faith- to help define your living and
your life.
More I cannot wish you- except perhaps love-
to make all the rest worthwhile.'
-Robert A. Ward

Mo charmed @ Wednesday, January 18, 2006
comments